Copywriting – Become a Freelance Writer, become your Own Boss
You can start a new career as a freelance copywriter ……
Imagine, earning your living – a good live – without the hassle of moving. Be your own boss. All you really need is a PC or Mac and a broadband connection – plus a desire to write and a little bit of flair. Three months from now that could all become a reality. You will be a copywriter!
“After a few months I write sales copies for a huge experimental company, as well as a technical copy for a well-respected technology industry publication and building websites for small businesses. Martin Brennan
Unlike so many guides on the subject, this is not a skipped list of “useful phrases”. He will not tell you “how to make a million dollars overnight”. Instead, it is a unique and detailed step-by-step guide to becoming a successful freelance copywriter working from home, from scratch.
Step by step
Follow each step and you can make between £ 300 ($ 450) per day and – with more experience – £ 500 ($ 750) per day. Not exactly a rich formula get fast, but a very respectable income. Especially for someone who is their own boss, has little overhead, does not have to get to work, and chooses exactly how much or little work they want to take. Because my website has been live for some time now, I get more than I need and have to turn the job away.
Of course, and in this guide I will show you – in detail – all you need to know. Things like:
• How to start from scratch and quickly build a portfolio
• How to find customers – fast
• How to market
• How to create a website editor in just five days – for free
• Finding the most profitable projects and dropping the rest
• How much
In fact, I will even share my killer “terms and conditions” that allow me to close more business at higher prices. I will:
- Introduce yourself to jargon – not be taken as a beginner
- Demonstrate how to direct your clients through a brief presentation, how to do research on topics, how to write to print and how to write for the Web
- We will look at different styles of writing (or “tone of voice” as the marketing people say).
- I will teach you questioning techniques for phone interviews (I do all my work on the net and over the phone) and I will show you a smart and inexpensive phone recording kit and transcription software so that you won’t even have to take notes
- Plus many tricks of the trade that save valuable time and mark you as a real pro
And give you stacks of links to actual samples of different types of copy, templates, tick lists and so on, as well as more detailed descriptions of some of the topics covered in this book (build your own free library) . In fact, everything you need to help you get started with confidence.